LabMaps are custom maps of your computer labs that show which computers are available in real time. LabMaps are powered by the LabStats client and are easy to create.
Dynamic blue, green and gray icons indicate the live status of each computer, helping students find available resources faster.
To create a LabMap ust upload a simple floor plan or snap a photo of your lab to the LabStats software; then, drag and drop the dynamic icons into place.
You can publish the map to your school’s website and mobile app or display it on kiosks around campus.
How to Build a LabMap
Creating LabMaps is easy. Follow the video or get step-by-step instructions.
Watch the following video to see:
- How to verify that your groups are set up correctly
- How to upload the background image*
- How to get the live icons for your computer lab
- How to show the station’s operating system on the live icons
- How to download the template to publish
- Bonus: How to create a master dashboard with live icons for internal use
*The default size of the background image is 800px x 450px, but you can adjust the size to fit your needs.
Visit our Support site.