If you’re using the cloud version of LabStats, you know that most updates are automatic, and happen often. This past fall we launched an update so big–and so essential, that all Windows computers will need to be manually updated with the new LabStats client by August 31st, 2021.
How to manually update your LabStats client:
- Sign into your LabStats Portal
- Go to the Admin Menu, and click on Client Installation in the drop down menu
- Select the Platform (Windows or macOS) and follow the prompts
What is the client?
LabStats provides insights into hardware and software usage via a lightweight piece of software installed on campus computers. This software is called the client, and it runs in the background of computers. The client collects usage data and funnels it into reports in the LabStats Portal. It’s basically what makes your LabStats reports work, and it’s getting a big upgrade.
Related: LabStats Major Update Has Launched
With the latest client update, you can expect
- Improved support for deployment tools (installation and ongoing management)
- Upgraded encryption for stronger data protection
- Out of the box support for Mac operating systems that require notarization (Catalina and later)
LabStats Windows Updates
This update significantly improves Windows, so you will need to manually download and reinstall the new Windows Client before August 31, 2021.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Some system requirements have been updated:
- .NET framework 4.8 (or later)
- The running process name is changing from LabStatsGO to LabStatsClient.
- A single MSI installer file will be used for install, update, and removal and can be used with the interface or via command line. The MSI will now inform Windows of the version number, even through auto updates.
- The client’s Windows service will have automatic delayed start enabled by default.
LabStats Mac Updates
You can expect improved security and easier deployment for macOS (including Catalina), because the installer and the client itself will now be notarized by Apple. Some system requirements have been updated: macOS 10.9 Mavericks (or later).
If you miss the August 31st deadline, you will not receive the benefits available in the new clients.
If you are a cloud customer, your Windows Clients will stop recording usage data on August 31st. Historical reporting, LabMaps, LabFind, and the Remote Access Dashboard will be impacted. All data collected between August 31st and the date you install the new client will be lost.
Related: LabStats Client Changes FAQ
LabStats Clients are built to auto-update for easy maintenance. We do not expect any future updates to require a manual reinstall again.
All LabStats customers who are using a LabStats Client that you obtained before September 17th, 2020 will need to manually download and reinstall the new Windows Client before August 31, 2021. This version of the client cannot be auto-upgraded. You can obtain your new client from within the Admin menu of your LabStats Portal.
You will need to update your Windows deployment tools to work properly with the new profile of the Windows Client.
Customers who include the LabStats Client as part of their deployment image will need to update that image to utilize the new Windows Client instead of the old one.