Takeaways from the Educause Top 10 IT Issues 2023
This year we’re happy to see a new focus on actionable data.
Each year Educause releases its Top 10 IT Issues, but this year started off with a twist. Educause acknowledged what higher education leaders have learned over the past few years, and we couldn’t be more thrilled at the following long-awaited revelations:
- “We’ve learned that data sparks insights and that insights lead to better decisions.”
- “We’ve demonstrated that technology fuels just about everything an institution needs to do and that as a result, the insights and guidance of a technology leader should help fuel institutional strategy.”
- “We’ve recognized that IT staff need to help manage the business and further the missions, in addition to running the systems.”
This is what we’ve been waiting for, and it’s exactly what we’ve been helping higher education institutions do for almost two decades: use data to make better decisions by empowering IT leadership in higher education with the tools they need to get the job done.
A New Focus on Actionable Data
Listed as #7 in the top ten issues of 2023, data finally makes a direct appearance:
- Moving from Data Insight to Data Action: Converting data analytics into action plans to power institutional performance, enhance operational efficiency, and improve student success.
Can we get an Amen?!
At LabStats, we not only provide universities with accurate and reliable usage data, we partner with IT teams to really make a difference at their institutions. But don’t just take our word for it, check out these case studies:
- LabStats helped Southern Cross University review usage data to reallocate computer stations and adjust software budgets to meet students’ needs.
- LabStats data was a key tool for Pittsburg State University to identify wasted funds and create a plan to save $900k while simultaneously improving the student experience.
- LabStats reports enabled Boston University to understand what software they needed to make more available and how they could maximize the impact of their IT budget investments.
- LabStats usage data helped Kean University redesign computer lab layouts, adjust lab schedules and resolve inventory problems.
- LabStats helped the IT team at Lewis and Clark College determine which labs to maintain, licenses to update, and how to deliver accurate reports on campus computer usage.
- LabStats helped Texas Christian University run computer labs more smoothly and make budgeting decisions with each lab in mind.
Also listed in the top 10: “A Seat at the Table: Ensuring IT leadership is a full partner in institutional strategic planning.” With real and accurate data, IT leaders will be more confident and better contributors with a seat at the table.
As IT leaders begin to step into the spotlight, they’ll need powerful and reliable tools to meet the challenge of managing technology at scale. LabStats has supported colleges and universities worldwide for almost two decades, leading the industry in data accuracy, product reliability and unparalleled customer support.
If you aren’t using LabStats yet, what are you waiting for? Start with a free trial, and see the difference that data can make for you.